Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sloane + Ashley = BFFs Forever


Sloane Crosley is my new favorite person in this world. No big deal. She is the author of I Was Told There'd Be Cake, if you're a dork like me, you're sold after just reading the title. In fact, I would even say that I wouldn't blame Eric if he wanted to leave me for her. It would make total sense. She's pretty, thin, well-dressed, smart, hilarious, a great writer, and most importantly, she's a big drinker. God love her heart. She and I embarked upon our lifelong friendship today as I requested her friendship on Myspace and Facebook. She even wrote me back a message on Facebook after I apologized for stalking her. She SO likes me as much as I like her. She feels the connection.

In other news, it was brought to my attention that my blog is basically a depressfest, well, as far as my feelings on SLC go. So I shall attempt to talk about the good parts of Salt Lake.
1. It has only truly rained ONCE since the beginning of June.
2. I pay very cheap rent on a lovely 2-bedroom apartment. Extra space, people!
3. The mountains, when covered in snow, and when green - right before they turn brown for the summer, are quite lovely.
4. Westminster was blind enough to accept me into their MS in Counseling Psychology program.
Aaaand SCENE.
I will just let these positives marinate and not go down the path of giving each point's counter-argument. Let's just enjoy this generous moment I am sharing.

No comments: